The objective for this course is to give the students the opportunity to develop a prototype based on a product idea within Internet of Things. The product idea generally is a further development of a project from one of the IoT prerequisite courses. The course focusses on low-power WAN technologies, IoT backend solutions, but also on the product and business side of a potential IoT product
- Identify the challenges the market has for IoT products (technology push or pull)
- Analyse low power WAN technologies for different product use cases
- Apply design thinking principles
- Synthesize a prototype fulfilling a specific market need
- Perform a market analysis
- Incorporate UX design parameters
- Apply basic electronics principles and circuitry
- Devise software and applications
- Apply 3D design, printing, circuit design, prototype manufacturing principles
- Describe start-up funding opportunities
- Write a technical report and present the prototype at a pitch-style presentation
The focus of the course will be on applying IoT technologies in a specific prototype. The course is based on hands-on project work and prototyping. Topics covered include market research and analysis, design thinking, LP-WAN technologies, basic electronics, 3D printing, Arduino programming, UX design, APP development, start-up funding opportunities, report writing and pitching, guest lectures from industry and other DTU departments.
Lectures and project work
Vær opmærksom på, at dette enkeltfagskursus har et begrænset antal studiepladser. Er der for mange tilmeldinger, vil der blive trukket lod om pladserne. Du får besked om, hvorvidt du har fået tildelt en studieplads senest 8 dage før kursusstart.