To provide the participant with knowledge about the latest research within optoelectronics and to practice scientific discussions and presentations
- Have an overview of contemporary research topics in photonic devices including fabrication, theory and experiments
- Be able to perform an independent literature search
- Be able to discuss key concepts in photonic devices at a high academic level
- Be able to critically assess a scientific article
- Be able to present scientific results orally in a clear and comprehensible fashion
The course consists of presentations and discussions of scientific articles within photonics devices and related topics, cf. the list of keywords below. The students tak turns in presenting the main results of a chosen paper using a computer presentation. Presentations may include electrical, optical and thermal design of the devices and the working principle. In addition, the fabrication methods, applications and competing technologies may be included where appropriate.
Basic knowledge of semiconductors and optics
Seminar. The participants present journal papers addressing new research within photonics components
Vær opmærksom på, at dette enkeltfagskursus har et minimumskrav for antal deltagere for at kunne oprettes. Du får besked om, hvorvidt kurset oprettes senest 8 dage før kursusstart.