Understand and apply digital signal processing algorithms for optical communication receivers with advanced modulation formats.
- Analyze and implement algorithms for digital demodulation
- Analyze and implement algorithms for clock recovery
- Analyze and implement algorithms for synchronization
- Analyze and implement algorithms for phase and frequency estimation
- Analyze and implement algorithms for channel equalization
- Understand the relation between the algorithms and the physical realization of the optical links
- Knowledge of efficient implementations to be used in actual systems
- Apply digital signal algorithms specifically related to the participant’s ph.d. project
The main topics are:
– Digital demodulation
– Clock recovery
– Phase recovery
– Frequency estimation
– Synchronization algorithms
– Channel estimation and equalization
The course is conducted as a reading and discussion meeting with the teachers. Assignments will be handed out to each student and discussed every course meeting. The assignments will be based on the book: Digital Communication Receivers: Synchronization, Channel Estimation, and Signal Processing by H. Meyr et al. The assignments will be chosen according to the students’ needs and interests.
Principles of digital communications, Introduction to digital signal processing, Matlab programming
Seminars, group work and presentations by participants.