The Immersive Learning Project is a two-year project done alongside the nine courses of the programme, and is equivalent to a Master’s Thesis. It enables you to practice everything you are learning while you are learning it, and to apply the knowledge and abilities to a project within your company. The Immersive Learning Project equals 15 ECTS credits and completes the programme with a written report and a thesis defense.
The goal of the Immersive Learning Project is to define, design, and lead a sustainability solution within a value chain. After each of the nine courses, you will be able to apply the learnings and have the skills to implement them.
Beyond obtaining the degree of Master of Sustainable Leadership, a key outcome of the programme is to create a tangible impact within your company (or your start-up or social enterprise idea).
Courses and the Immersive Leadership Project
The WHY module: Product definition and motivation
During the WHY module, the Immersive Learning Project focuses on the question:
“What is the problem I want to solve and why?”
Immersive Learning project progression and goals from the WHY module:
To build, interpret, and leverage sustainability data for strategic making.
- Identify sustainability topic / focus area within a value chain (course 1)
- Identify strategic priorities and drivers for the key topics of the project (course 2)
- Identify, engage, and align stakeholder incentives (course 2)
- Define problem and root causes to solve within the value chain (course 3)
The HOW module: Project organizational and business model
During the HOW module, the Immersive Learning Project focuses on the question:
“What form will my project solution take to solve this problem?”
Immersive Learning project progression and goals from the HOW module:
- Design the organizational form of solution (course 4)
- Identify your personal role and engage with key stakeholders (course 4)
- Identify business model opportunity and leadership drivers (course 5)
- Design and build an inclusive and innovative solution for your organization (course 6)
The EXECUTIVE module: Project implementation
During the EXECUTE module, the Immersive Learning Project focuses on the question:
“How can I drive this project within my company?“
- Devise and contextualize the solution’s key impact metrics and the associated decision points (course 7)
- Communicate the solution to key stakeholders (course 8)
- Design an iterative impact reporting (course 8)
- Lead your team and key stakeholders in implementing the solution (course 9)