Driving entrepreneurial and innovative enterprises
Start a professional career as a board member. DTU Board Education combines solid, academic research with first-hand experience from top business executives and board experts, and provides you with knowledge and key skills to increase your leadership competencies.
They say practice makes perfect, join DTU Board Education and get a chance to practice your board room skills with long time board members.
Looking for a board career?
Join our webinars where you will get an introduction to DTU Board Education and how it will open new opportunities in your board work career.
Sign up for our webinar on 29 November where you will get insights into board leadership in companies driven by SDGs.Join webinars
A good board education teaches you how to contribute to a company using your own knowledge. It teaches you how to review a strategy, how to ask the right questions and how to strengthen the weak points.Lars Kolind
Experienced Board Member and Chairman
DTU Board Education Executive Lecturer
Become a successful board member
According to Lars Kolind, one of Scandinavia’s most successful and best-known entrepreneurs and business leaders, there are 3 steps to becoming a successful board member.
Download flyer and get the more condensed and printer friendly information about this programme.
The programme’s impact approach is based on 3 fundamental pillars:
- Board work: We apply the latest research results about board leadership in start-ups, scale-ups and SMEs into real board work during the programme
- Board basics: Get the knowledge of board basics such as core governance, legal responsibilities, innovation, and leadership
- Board Ecosystem: Meet board executives, investors and go to a board position interview to figure out where you will add most value
Action-based learning in actual board meetings
The education is founded on action-based learning, as we believe that lasting learning occurs when knowledge is applied to projects in collaboration with peers and key stakeholders.
Therefore, the programme is a mix of lectures, teamwork, live board work sessions, coaching, feedback and dialogue with board start-up founders, executives, investors, experts, and DTU professors.
A board member’s perspective
Sophie Bech, Board Chairman and Business Angle, explains what you will gain from clarifying your board competencies, what it take to be a board chair, and what makes a great board – in her opinion
Educational focus areas
The programme provides you with a broad understanding of the key responsibilities of a board member, an insight into the board room as well as start-up world, and live case training.
You will be working with:
- Personal board leadership: Focus on your leadership competencies through personal development and feedback sessions
- Real-life cases: Practise your skills on real-life cases from start-ups, scaleups, SMEs, and future unicorns
- Board position-matching: You will get an interview with a start-up for a potential board position
- Executive network: Engage with DTU start-up and scale-up ecosystem, investors, business angels, board members and business leaders
- Executive sessions: Be inspired by experienced board members
- Executive Feedback: Sparring and evaluation from experienced board members
Having a board is good for many things – but in my opinion as a founder – the three most valuable benefits are: safety, structure and sparring.Hanne Jarmer
CEO & Founder of Go Dogo
DTU Board Education is designed for potential board members who want to sit on boards of start-ups, scale-ups and small to medium sized enterprises.
- Business angels
- Business developers
- Entrepreneurial driven individuals
- Experienced professionals looking to start a board career or wanting to further develop their board leadership skills
The teaching and case sessions in groups and plenary are facilitated by DTU Center for Entrepreneurship professors, experienced board members and advisors from the industry.
Executive Lecturers and Board Executives
Fee and registration
Fee: DKK 69,000
The fee includes live cases, sparring with experienced board members, networking events, startup board position matching, catering and all materials.
To register for the programme please fill out the registration form.
Send an e-mail to Anne M. Horsager, firstname.lastname@example.org, to get on the waiting list for the next class starting February 10th 2022.
Dates for Class #3 starting in February 2022:
February: 4 + 10/11 + 24/25
March: 10/11 + 18 + 24/25
April: 8 + 22 +28/29
May: 6 + 19
June: 3 + 8
The DTU Board Education is composed of 11 x 1-day seminars, 2 x 1-hour sessions, 5 x half day sessions, and 3 x 1 hour personal sessions.
Please note that a few of the dates are Saturdays.
Dates for the class starting in September 2022 will be updated as soon as they are available….