With the digital revolution, software tools are becoming even more important for Data Science.
R is a free object-oriented software environment for statistical computing and graphics, and has become the tool of choice in many environments during recent years, when it comes to data science.
R has advanced levels of flexibility in statistical computing that promotes the design of analysis exactly as you want it, as well as having state of the art graphics capabilities.
Participants of the course will be introduced to the basics of data handling and progress to advanced data handling and graphics in a three day intensive course. The knowledge is built up progressively, from basic R syntax to the handling of statistical analytical procedures, and the construction and customization of graphics, and invites the participants to set up their own analyses in R.
During the course/programme the student will work with:
- Introductory R and the RStudio GUI
- Reading and writing data
- Loops and flow control
- Package installation
- Data structures and data manipulation
- Statistical analyses
- Graphics and ggplot2
- Web applications through R Shiny
What is in it for you?
- A natural progressive comprehension of the R environment, where knowledge is built up from simple calculator applications to interactions with other software and construction of semi-advanced graphics.
- A guided tour of setting up your own data analysis in R, putting data in and taking results out.
- Hand-on exercises with practical issues in data science, letting you familiarize yourself with the programming environment.
- A platform to explore uses of R within your own field.
What is in it for your company?
By having an employee who has participated in this course/programme the company has access to a person who can:
- Work with a state of the art programming environment that is continuously updated
- Handle data in a programming environment designed for data analysis
- Provide visualizations and customize them in detail
- Pursue knowledge on web publishing of the company’s data and implement it
- Carry out basic statistical analyses and learn further advanced methodologies
Who is the course relevant for?
This course is intended for people with an interest in data analysis, both those with little or no experience in software tools for data science, as well as those who wish to investigate a new or alternative tool for their established expertise in other languages, e.g. SAS.
Basic programming experience is not needed, but will of course simplify the learning. An interest for applying analytical software is essential.
Lectures are conducted over three intensive days where knowledge is built up progressively, using classical lectures and hands-on exercises.
DTU Meeting Center,
Anker Engelunds Vej 1, Building 101A,
2800 Kgs. Lyngby
3 consecutive days from 9:00-16:00
11,000 DKK excl. VAT
An interest in the application of analytical software.