Create your own Diploma Programme that suits your professional needs.
A Flexible Diploma Programme allows you to combine elements from various established undergraduate-level programmes at DTU, and design a programme that caters to your interests and requirements.
When putting together your ‘own’ programme, you can choose courses from all bachelor’s-, diploma engineering- and diploma programmes. As an example, you can combine courses from the diploma programme in IT with courses from the Operations and Supply Chain programme.
The Flexible Diploma Programme is for individuals who want a part-time diploma programme that they can customize to fit their needs.
Why study a Flexible Diploma Programme?
With a flexible programme, you are in full control of what courses to include in your studies. This allows you to pick courses that interest you, as well as picking areas that are relevant to your current job or field of profession.
You will also be able to maintain your current role at your place of work, as the programme is a part-time education.
A flexible diploma programme constitutes 60 ECTS points, which is the equivalent to one full year of study.
The programme is structured as various courses combined with a graduation project which constitutes 15 ECTS points. Within the courses that you choose, 30 ECTS points need to be within the same field of study, and at least 10 out of the 60 total ECTS points need to be from a course offered in one of our part-time diploma programmes.
For the remaining ECTS points, you can pick from any course within DTU’s bachelor’s-, diploma engineering-, and diploma programmes.
These courses are mostly placed in the daytime, and will be taken with other engineering students. If you find it difficult to fit the daytime courses into your schedule, you also have the option of choosing courses from part-time diploma programmes, where the classes are primarily in the evenings.
When you apply for this programme, a study counsellor will be assigned to you. You will then be creating a study plan with your study counsellor.
The study plan contains the following:
- Terms of admission
- The academic profile of the education, including the main field and the level of competence
- Combination of courses and their respective ECTS points
- Any previous passed open university classes
- An indication of which university you intend to follow or have followed courses
- A statement of which courses are assessed using the 7-point grading scale and which courses are assessed using external grading
- The order in which the courses are to be completed and a time schedule for the completion
You can fill out the study plan here.
Admission and application
In order to be admitted to this programme, you need:
- To have completed a relevant qualifying education minimum at the level of a business academy education or a relevant higher education.
- At least two years of relevant work-experience immediately following graduation of previously mentioned education/programme.
If you meet certain criteria, you have an opportunity of being admitted to this programme even if you do not currently have two years of work-experience immediately following graduation.
The criteria for this exemption are:
- You need an academic degree as your highest previous degree.
- You need a minimum of 4 years of work-experience.
- You need to be in a relevant field of work, when you are admitted to this programme.
When applying for this programme, you need to fill out an application form.
As a part of your application, you are to submit a draft of your individual study plan. The area in which you want your studies to be in needs to be clearly indicated.
Your application should include:
- Your CV
- Copy or scan of original graduation diploma
- Documentation of at least two years of relevant work experience
- Information on any courses you want credits transferred for, including content, level and grade received
When you have all documents ready, please mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you meet all criteria, we will assign a study counsellor within your interest area, who will be helping you in following your study plan.
Opfylder du ikke de formelle krav om optagelse på den diplomuddannelse eller det/de diplommoduler du er interesseret i, kan du få lavet en realkompetencevurdering.
Det betyder, at du kan søge om at få vurderet dine samlede kvalifikationer dvs. viden, færdigheder og kompetencer, som du har erhvervet uden for det ordinære uddannelsessystem.
Vi vurderer dine kvalifikationer op mod den givne diplomuddannelses/diplommoduls mål og krav.
Med en realkompetencevurdering kan vi vurdere om du med succes kan gennemføre uddannelsen eller dele heraf.
Ansøg om realkompetencevurdering
Har du spørgsmål angående realkompetencevurdering, kontakt:
Prices and application deadlines
The price of this programme depends on the direction and courses you choose.
The prices below are tentative, and are calculated on participation in ordinary courses.
Preparation of study plan: 8.000 kr.
Courses covering a total of 45 ECTS points: 67.500 kr.
Gradiation project of 15 ECTS points: 31.800 kr.
Total: 107.300 kr
Deadline for application
Winter start: 1st of November
Summer start: 1st of May